Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Greymarch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Just received a MacBook Pro 2015 15 inch from my company. I have a Logitech MX Anywhere 2 and a Microsoft Mobile Bluetooth Mouse 3600. Neither of these mice will pair with my MacBook Pro 2015. I know both of these mice work because I have a MacBook Pro 2014 sitting right next to me, and both these bluetooth mice pair with my MacBook Pro 2014. I also know that the bluetooth works on my new MacBook Pro 2015 because I have an Apple Magic mouse 2 and an Apple bluetooth keyboard, and both of those devices pair with the MacBook Pro 2015. If I remove the non-Apple bluetooth mice from the MacBook Pro 2014, and remove the Apple devices from the MacBook Pro 2015, then try to pair the non-Apple devices with the MacBook Pro 2015, they still refuse to pair.

What am I missing? Why wont my Logitech Anywhere MX 2 and Microsoft Mobile Mouse 3600 pair with my MacBook Pro 2015? What must I do to get them to pair with my MacBook Pro 2015? Just to re-iterate: both these devices pair with my MacBook Pro 2014 and bluetooth on the MacBook Pro 2015 is working.

Greymarch

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
Fixed it...

I used migrate assistant to make a copy of my 2014 MacBook Pro to my 2015 MacBook Pro. The MacBook Pro 2015 looked and ran perfect for me, except for the bluetooth issue mentioned above. It turned out the bluetooth.plist files for the non-Apple bluetooth mice were not working on the new MacBook Pro 2015. I deleted those plist files, restarted the machine, paired my non Apple bluetooth mice with the 2015 MacBook Pro, and voila! Both mice now work with the machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.