Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daniel F. Scarnati M.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2020
Hello!
I don’t remember ever setting a Screen time password and now I want to change in-app purchases options but I can’t because I don’t have the PW. I tried “Forgot Password” and I try to change it entering my Apple ID and PW (which I’m sure I’m entering correctly) but it just sends me back to the Screentime password screen and it marks an extra Failed Attempt.

Any clue on what to do?
Thanks
D

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
If you're following all of the steps exactly, including the updates, in the support article below and it's not working, you may need to contact Support. Also remember there's a difference between passcode and password.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
No guarantee this will work for iOS 13, but another tip from this article (for iOS 12) is to sign out of iCloud and back in again. If that doesn't work, sign out of iCloud, then turn off Screen Time, and sign back into iCloud again.

Short of erasing your device and setting it up as new, I'm not sure I have any other suggestions.

Daniel F. Scarnati M.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2020
No guarantee this will work for iOS 13, but another tip from this article (for iOS 12) is to sign out of iCloud and back in again. If that doesn't work, sign out of iCloud, then turn off Screen Time, and sign back into iCloud again.

Short of erasing your device and setting it up as new, I'm not sure I have any other suggestions.

Thanks! I can’t sign out because it’s not available fue to restrictions... which is apparently controlled by Screen Time. I’m stuck

Emillie Doyle

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2020
Thanks! I can’t sign out because it’s not available fue to restrictions... which is apparently controlled by Screen Time. I’m stuck

I'm having this exact issue when trying to wipe my old phone. It keeps locking me out for an hour but there's no way of setting a new passcode! I went to the apple store and the people there didnt have a clue why it was happening either.

Did you find a solution?

jqbighead

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2020
I have the exact same issue when trying to wipe my old phone. I can't remove the screen time passcode with my apple ID and password. It keeps locking me out for an hour. Does anyone have a solution?

Emillie Doyle

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2020
I went to the apple store and they had never seen this issue before so wasnt very helpful lol.

I ended up resetting it by plugging the phone into my laptop and restoring it through itunes, you have to remove the device from find my iphone first, then it wiped instantly.

aeh802

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2021
I'm having this issue too!! Screen time passcode won't take my Apple ID to reset. I'm really hoping to not have to wipe my phone, since I don't have a computer that I can connect it to easily...Anyone else have any other suggestions?

gongbone

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2020
I'm having this issue too!! Screen time passcode won't take my Apple ID to reset. I'm really hoping to not have to wipe my phone, since I don't have a computer that I can connect it to easily...Anyone else have any other suggestions?
I had the same problem. I used my usual passcode to unlock iPad but it didn't work. Because I never set up the passcode in the first place, I tried 0000 and it worked.

aeh802

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2021
I had the same problem. I used my usual passcode to unlock iPad but it didn't work. Because I never set up the passcode in the first place, I tried 0000 and it worked.
Thanks for the reply. I tried all my usual passcodes, as well as 0000, 0123, and 1234 to no avail. It's very frustrating!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.