Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
Not sure why this is happening but I have been trying to download iOS 5.1 and was stuck in a loop contacting the iPhone update server and OTA won't work either but what I have noticed is that it seems to be anything from Apple my computer won't download.

I noticed this when trying to download the .ispw directly and that wasn't working and I also tried to download iTunes again direct from Apple's site after uninstalling it but that won't download either.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Not sure why this is happening but I have been trying to download iOS 5.1 and was stuck in a loop contacting the iPhone update server and OTA won't work either but what I have noticed is that it seems to be anything from Apple my computer won't download.

I noticed this when trying to download the .ispw directly and that wasn't working and I also tried to download iTunes again direct from Apple's site after uninstalling it but that won't download either.

Anyone have any suggestions?

did you mean to put this in the iPhone thread?

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
No because even though it is not updating my iPhone it wasn't letting me download anything on my MacBook Pro from Apple's website.

I managed to fix it now anyway it was a DNS issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.