Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kmaultsby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
Here one for you guys. I have a Epson R800 printer which I use for prints only. I also have HP 7310 All In One which I use for everyday printing. The problem no matter what I have tried I can't get the Epson to print and match the color that is on my display screen but when I print the same picture off the HP which only use four colors it matches what is on the screen. I calibrate the screen but I don't think that is the problem because the HP matches perfectly. And also when I print for the Epson it leaves a slight green tint. The printer software I am using is Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0. And color management is turned off so Photoshop is doing the color management.
I print mostly 6x4 5x7 and 8x10.

I thinking of going with Canon or HP if I can't get this to work.:(

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Here one for you guys. I have a Epson R800 printer which I use for prints only. ... I calibrate the screen but I don't think that is the problem because the HP matches perfectly. And also when I print for the Epson it leaves a slight green tint. ...
Calibrating only your monitor does nothing for your printer. If you want the same color from source to output, then you have to calibrate everything from source to output.

taylorwilsdon

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2006
New York City
Calibrate to your printer, not your monitor. Chances are, your printer company probably has an ICC profile that matches the printer in Photoshop available - if not, you can get a custom one made by local print shops/photo stores.

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
Try this: when ready to print a photo with your Epson printer, look and choose the option for the printer, not the software, to control the the printing job. For example, I am printing a photo using PSE6 and an Epson Photo R280 printer:

1. I select PRINT, and the correct printer
2. In the PRINT window, right side, under COLOR MANAGEMENT, I select "Printer Manages Color"

Attachments

• Example.jpg
    Example.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 167
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.