Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

etaleb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
Suddenly, My Apple Watch accepts phone calls and makes phone calls but I hear nothing which is strange. I even clicked on the button to select watch audio versus anything on Bluetooth but that didn't help and all my Bluetooth devices are turned off anyways

thanks

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Suddenly, My Apple Watch accepts phone calls and makes phone calls but I hear nothing which is strange. I even clicked on the button to select watch audio versus anything on Bluetooth but that didn't help and all my Bluetooth devices are turned off anyways

thanks
You haven’t mentioned that you have the volume up so check that. If not that, try a hard reboot.

etaleb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
Volume up and hard reboot both done as troubleshooting steps yesterday

etaleb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
Play discover that the audio works but only if I’m out of the Bluetooth range of the phone

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Can also try cycling the mute button in the Watch control center. Don’t think that’s the issue but doesn’t hurt to try.

Last case scenario, unless someone else has anything to add, you can try unpairing and re-pairing the watch.

etaleb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
neither helped - I guess it's time to go to the apple store for tech support or just call them over phone?

etaleb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
Is phone support with Apple free for everybody and should that be my next step

Saturn007

macrumors 68000
Jul 18, 2010
I thought support was only free for the first year unless you had Apple Care. Has that changed? And, it's now free for everyone, all the time?

Ah, I see where the Apple Care blurb now says “you’ll get 24/7 priority access to Apple experts by chat or phone”.

Sounds as if phone support is available to anyone.

I've had good luck, especially on Saturdays and reached higher level support staff then.

HoiPiet

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2015
My series 7 intermittently takes a call, the audio from the caller works, but they can't hear me. I'm curious what happened with you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.