Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anasrazi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2016
i have a MID 2011 Desktop . as iam not a that much relevant in MAC as i work in windows. iam just facing a problem cant install MAC OSX EL Captian. i will tell you what are all step i have done.

i had download el captian from app store with safe mode. then i prepared to install it desktop restarted and the apple logo with the loading bar its half way loaded and then started to install shown 24 mits and didnt moved a bit in loading bar. time remains 24 mits as it is suddenly show shutdown or restart. tried lot of times but not succeeded. if i try to give first eid the HHD failure. tried to recovery mode with (Command+R) apple logo with the loading bar loaded fully after that it struck for more than a hour and restarted and the as usual went for El captain installation again failure. finally i made bootable El captian from trans MAC in windows. Hold (ALT key) on the startup didnt shown USB.( I dont OSX CD which came with Mid2011) Please Help me Out..

MrWoofus

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2016
Grubville, MO
i have a MID 2011 Desktop . as iam not a that much relevant in MAC as i work in windows. iam just facing a problem cant install MAC OSX EL Captian. i will tell you what are all step i have done.

i had download el captian from app store with safe mode. then i prepared to install it desktop restarted and the apple logo with the loading bar its half way loaded and then started to install shown 24 mits and didnt moved a bit in loading bar. time remains 24 mits as it is suddenly show shutdown or restart. tried lot of times but not succeeded. if i try to give first eid the HHD failure. tried to recovery mode with (Command+R) apple logo with the loading bar loaded fully after that it struck for more than a hour and restarted and the as usual went for El captain installation again failure. finally i made bootable El captian from trans MAC in windows. Hold (ALT key) on the startup didnt shown USB.( I dont OSX CD which came with Mid2011) Please Help me Out..

Just did this a few days ago... found a great article that walks through it step by step.

http://www.macworld.com/article/298...le-os-x-10-11-el-capitan-installer-drive.html

Reactions: grahamperrin

anasrazi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2016
Last edited:
Reactions: grahamperrin

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Try booting with Command-Option-R at the chime. If you have a new enough ROM installed then it'll boot into Internet Recovery, which will let you install the original OS without any CDs or USB drives required.

I would not even attempt to use Windows without trying Internet Recovery first.

Reactions: anasrazi

anasrazi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2016
Try booting with Command-Option-R at the chime. If you have a new enough ROM installed then it'll boot into Internet Recovery, which will let you install the original OS without any CDs or USB drives required.

I would not even attempt to use Windows without trying Internet Recovery first.[/QUOTE

Dear many many thank to you. its started to process. after completing i let you know..
[doublepost=1468657146][/doublepost]

I would not even attempt to use Windows without trying Internet Recovery first.
Thank you very much installation on process

Attachments

• image1 (1).JPG
    image1 (1).JPG
    323.4 KB · Views: 206

anasrazi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2016
Another Error. it started to download via internet recovery. But could not finish it. if its finish it not automatically restarting and installing .i had clearly wipe and date. deleted the old partition and created new one (error Code:
Download token has timed out attempting reauthorization./
Chunk validation failed, retrying... i had attached log file and Image file also

Please some help me to solve this
Thank you

Attachments

• Installer Log 16-Jul-2016.txt
    43.6 KB · Views: 486
  • Log Image.jpg
    Log Image.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:

anasrazi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2016
please have a look on snap shot of that error

Attachments

• IMG_6724.JPG
    IMG_6724.JPG
    266.3 KB · Views: 304
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.