Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

radstar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
Germany
Hey,
I'm new to here. I signed up here because I couldn't find an answer to my problem on the www.
I received my PSE Education version today and wanted to use my Serial to activate my Demo version. But it didnt accept it. Then i removed the Demo version and wanted to install PSE from the DVD. But it didnt work.
It came up with the following error:
"Critical errors were found in the setup-Incompatible payloads already installed. Please see the Setup log file for details."
And there's the next problem, I can't find this log file.

I hope you can help me,
radstar

(latest iMac version)

Attachments

• Bild 1.png
    Bild 1.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 379
  • Bild 3.png
    Bild 3.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 322

jason999

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2008
Un install the demo and your education installation and delete any files that are left over from those folders where the program currently is.

Close down Mac.

Turn Mac back on and install it from the dvd.

Likely to be a conflict with the demo version. Seen that happen to me when I tried a demo version and then bought Adobe photoshop. Had to remove the demo files and then re installed photoshop. Not looked back.

Wipe down the data side of the disk. There may have been some dirt of the side or on the tray which can also effect installation.

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
Hello, If this still persists after you have everything uninstalled (trashed the folders from the install) from the previous attempts, try putting in another disc or a couple different ones with an application on it (don't install it though) to make sure the drive is working correct. Does your drive work fine as in burns well before this or not?
I had this happen with my iMac (first two of them to be exact) as I went to perform a custom install the first hour I got it home and the drives were bad :( I couldn't get Studio 8 nor the Mac Restore Disc to work in the drive and got an error message as well.
If it does it with other discs then you know it's the drive and if not it maybe a faulty disc or just an issue/conflict with leftover file info. Call Adobe if you need to and have them walk you through it if needed (that's something to consider).
Good luck

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Un install the demo and your education installation and delete any files that are left over from those folders where the program currently is.

Yes un-install it. but use ther Adobe un-install program. Adobe software is really bad and "Windows like" in that is scatters files everywhere. Adobe's uninstaller knows where those files are.

loouloou

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2008
I ran into the EXACT same issue last night with trying to go from PSE 6.0 trial version to the full PSE 6.0 I purchased.

I've been looking for an uninstaller as there is not one included with the PSE disc.

Any suggestions?

Suspended
Dec 29, 2007
I've also been running the trial, and want to go full version. Can't I just buy a key code, and apply it to the version already installed??

radstar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
Germany
It's working now! I've used the PSE uninstaller (demoversion) to remove the trial and then I could install the normal version.

Thanks for your help!

loouloou

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2008
I've also been running the trial, and want to go full version. Can't I just buy a key code, and apply it to the version already installed??

I did not have any success with the trial PSE 6 taking a serial number from a purchased PSE 6 case. I had to run the "clean" utility because the CD nor the trial version includes an uninstaller.

Neuro

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2003
London
Adobe have removed the trial download for PSE6, so I can't download it to uninstall it.

Argghh.

Neuro

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2003
London
I just realised there's an Adobe unistaller in:
Utilities > Adobe Installers > Adobe Photoshop Elements 6

But it doesn't work. It just gives an error about incorrect payloads.

Mmmm, slick.

reddobes

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2009
I found a way to fix it...:D

Run the CS3 cleaner script at the Adobe website:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cs3clean.html

Be careful - it will wipe out Reader and Flash files but you will be able to re-install PSE after the clean up.

I had the same problem - had downloaded the free trial of PSE and then bought the DVD. Key code wouldn't work and I made the mistake of dragging stuff to the trash, so could not "uninstall" it or install the new DVD.

I downloaded the CS3 cleaner script and used the LEVEL 1 clean up which does not remove Adobe Reader. Then restarted the computer and was able to install PSE 6 from the DVD.

Thanks so much for posting this! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.