Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aminul001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2022
A week ago I installed Windows 10 in my mac mid 2010 without the bootcamp assistant. I created a Separate partition and installed my windows. For some problem I deleted the partition where my windows were installed.
But despite of deleting the partition my mac always boot in windows and the EFI disk always was sown .
So for deleting EFI boot menu I used those commands.

sudo mkdir /Volumes/EFI

sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI

cd /Volumes/EFI/EFI

rm -rf Microsoft

But Now I again want to install windows 10 on my mac but when I start the installation process it showsyour pc need to be repaired
your pc need to be repaired

please help me to install windows. Please

Attachments

• images (2) (19).jpeg
    images (2) (19).jpeg
    21 KB · Views: 343

aminul001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2022
You should try using Bootcamp
I have already tried.Buy still can't Install Windows.
And there is another thing after running those commands for deleting EFI partition. Now when I creat a new partition it doesn't show in boot option.
Please help me to install windows 10.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
If you have "adjusted" the various partitoins on the drive - you still have another system there, right?
By doing that, anything else on the drive is often left unbootable, too.
Can you still successfully boot to the Mac system? Or is that also not booting?
You may get the best results by starting over on the install. By that, I mean backing up the Mac system (if you don't already have a backup), then wiping the drive (not just the boot partition, but wiping the drive to remove ALL partitions). You can do that by booting to an OS X bootble installer, then opening Disk Utility, and choosing the device, then Erase. The erase should only take a few seconds, then you can use Disk Utility, and continue on with adding a partition in proper format for a windows install, if that's what you want. And, then continue with the OS X install to the partition, assuming you left enough space for the OS X install. When that is complete, you can boot to your Windows installer. I like to format the space that I left, when I get to the Windows screen for preparing the partition for that Windows install.
You won't see a new partition in the Option-boot screen, unless it is actually bootable -- meaning that it has a system installed that the Option-boot screen will show. It cannot show a blank partition before installing a boot system on that partition -- it's still blank, just formatted

aminul001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2022
Thanks for you reply. I have another question . Isn't there any options in mac for Auto repairing like windows laptop. Whenever I try to install windows it says your pc needs to be repaired.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
A reinstall of the OS X does a similar function to a Windows repair install.
However -- you have manually removed at least one partition that is a normal part of a Windows install.
You had two very different systems, both bootable. Likely that removing the one system, and the other "adjustments" that you made, even with good intent, both damaged the install (like the boot blocks on Windows) for the Mac system as well. I would suggest that the best way to make sure everything is fixed, would be to start over completely, wiping the entire drive, and reinstalling both systems on a fresh drive.
A Windows repair install doesn't always fix things for the Windows install, and best practice (quickest way back) can be a wipe and restore.
BUT, you can also try a reinstall of the Mac software. Easy enough to do. Your Mac is a 2010, and not sure if it will do an internet recovery of the Mac system -- but you could try: Boot while holding Shift-Alt-Command-R. If you see a spinning globe, that would mean that internet recovery is working, and you can let that continue (it can take several minutes, can be more than 10 minutes), and you would get a menu that allows you to reintall OS X. This does not erase anything, just reloads the system on top of what you have. (If you don't see the spinning globe, then your Mac may not support Internet Recovery, and you will need to download the installer, and make a bootable USB drive from that. Reinstalling OS X might will fix the issue with the Windows install, but that would be a bonus (and some good luck, too!)
If Windows installer still complains - then likely your choice will be the full wipe and reinstall everything.
When you want to have two different systems that will both boot on the same hardware, everything about the install(s) needs to be right.
I can tell you that it's not always a simple operation to choose OS X/macOS to restart directly from Windows. It is easies to restart while holding the Option/Alt key, then make your choice from the Mac's boot-picker screen. When you have restarted into the Mac system, and you will be using the Mac before rebooting to Windows, select your boot drive in the Mac's System Preferences/Startup Disk pane. THAT is how you would avoid your Mac booting into Windows (or trying), because then you have selected the Mac boot drive as the default.

Reactions: aminul001

aminul001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2022
A reinstall of the OS X does a similar function to a Windows repair install.
However -- you have manually removed at least one partition that is a normal part of a Windows install.
You had two very different systems, both bootable. Likely that removing the one system, and the other "adjustments" that you made, even with good intent, both damaged the install (like the boot blocks on Windows) for the Mac system as well. I would suggest that the best way to make sure everything is fixed, would be to start over completely, wiping the entire drive, and reinstalling both systems on a fresh drive.
A Windows repair install doesn't always fix things for the Windows install, and best practice (quickest way back) can be a wipe and restore.
BUT, you can also try a reinstall of the Mac software. Easy enough to do. Your Mac is a 2010, and not sure if it will do an internet recovery of the Mac system -- but you could try: Boot while holding Shift-Alt-Command-R. If you see a spinning globe, that would mean that internet recovery is working, and you can let that continue (it can take several minutes, can be more than 10 minutes), and you would get a menu that allows you to reintall OS X. This does not erase anything, just reloads the system on top of what you have. (If you don't see the spinning globe, then your Mac may not support Internet Recovery, and you will need to download the installer, and make a bootable USB drive from that. Reinstalling OS X might will fix the issue with the Windows install, but that would be a bonus (and some good luck, too!)
If Windows installer still complains - then likely your choice will be the full wipe and reinstall everything.
When you want to have two different systems that will both boot on the same hardware, everything about the install(s) needs to be right.
I can tell you that it's not always a simple operation to choose OS X/macOS to restart directly from Windows. It is easies to restart while holding the Option/Alt key, then make your choice from the Mac's boot-picker screen. When you have restarted into the Mac system, and you will be using the Mac before rebooting to Windows, select your boot drive in the Mac's System Preferences/Startup Disk pane. THAT is how you would avoid your Mac booting into Windows (or trying), because then you have selected the Mac boot drive as the default.
Thanks . This time Iam trying to install windows 7 in my mac.
So Iam trying to install windows 7 in may old mac mid 2010.
But when I was in the installation process and selecting disk it says Windows only can be installed in GPT partition. So I erased my bootcamp disk as Mac os Extended (journaled).
After that I again do the windows Installation process but this time it says
my partition need to be formated as NTFS .

Is there any way to solve this problem.
Or any way to make mac disk As NTFS format.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
When you are booted to the Windows installer, then go to the screen where you choose and prepare the disk, that should give you the choice to format the disk you want to use. NTFS should be the default for the format.

Your Mac system won't do anything with NTFS format - not supported on macOS. But, you can install something like Paragon NTFS, which allows you to write to NTFS disks, or to format as NTFS - https://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-mac/#features

Reactions: aminul001

aminul001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2022
When you are booted to the Windows installer, then go to the screen where you choose and prepare the disk, that should give you the choice to format the disk you want to use. NTFS should be the default for the format.

Your Mac system won't do anything with NTFS format - not supported on macOS. But, you can install something like Paragon NTFS, which allows you to write to NTFS disks, or to format as NTFS - https://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-mac/#features
Thank you very much...

Iam asking for a help last time.

So I created a partition for the windows . And then decided to delete the partition.
But when I was removing the partition from the disk utilities accidentally I plugged out my mac charger and my mac shut down.
After turning on my mac I saw that my main disk is 92gb used and 154 gb available.
But my disk is about 600gb .
I created a partition about 354 gb.Then I goto partition again to check what happened to my other disk.And I saw this.

IMG_20220704_200801_583.jpg

I Tried to remove thsi free partition.But when ever I try to remove it failed.

IMG_20220704_200820_701.jpg

How can I remove this Free space partition.
Is my hard disk damaged or never can be fixed.
I really need help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.