Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TN4U

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2015
Michigan, USA
I added a playlist that contained a song I already had in my library from a different album. For some reason, iTunes decided to "add" it to my library, despite having the option where adding songs to your playlists also adds it to your library turned off (If that matters)...

3e620b6e03539c3620ccbd7c005fbc14.png

As you can see, I only get options to add it to my library or download it. Also, why is it giving me that option to add it to my library when I can see it on my own library's Albums view? I'm so confused right now; this is happening to other songs from that playlist I did not add as well. I even deleted the playlist and the songs did not go away. Also tried restarting iTunes; they're still there. I care a lot about the look of my library (I avoid best-of compilations & deluxe editions when I can unless there's a special track, etc.) and this is a nuisance. What gives?

M. Gustave

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2015
Grand Budapest Hotel
Deleting playlists doesn't delete the songs, and the "Add to library" option is always available, regardless of whether it's applicable or not.

Not sure if that answers your question.

TN4U

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2015
Michigan, USA
Okay, so these songs don't appear on my iPhone or my other computer. Weird. Let me see if I can clear the iTunes cache and log out/log in again.

EDIT: Well, that solved the problem. I suppose iCloud isn't 100% stable yet.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.