Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Schmactor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2014
Anyone else find it impossible to sign into Apple Discussions? I'm asked for my Apple ID but then I get an error that the page can't open because I've been redirected too many times and I may need to delete my cookies, which I did and it still doesn't work. I've tried on several computers and several different browsers. Is the site still working?

Cancelled
Oct 11, 2015
Just signed in with no difficulty. Use your Apple ID someplace else where it's required to see if it works there. If it does, ASC contact -- communityaccounts@apple(dot)com

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
My Apple ID and password likewise do not work for access to Apple Discussions, however, my old user name and password that I created with them back in 2008 still works.

Schmactor

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2014
My Apple ID and password likewise do not work for access to Apple Discussions, however, my old user name and password that I created with them back in 2008 still works.
How do you sign in with your old user name? It only asks for Apple ID.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Like I said above, I tried to sign in with my Apple ID and password (which is required), however, it refuses to let me join even though my Apple ID and password are recognized everywhere else. Back in 2008 when I first signed up for the Apple Discussions Forums there was no such thing as an Apple ID. All you needed then was a user name and password. That same user name and password still works today but not my Apple ID. I have no idea why my Apple ID doesn't work.

Reactions: Schmactor
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.