Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beccataylor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2009
I have installed it, but my imac doesn't 'see' my Canon EOS 5D. I have set the Communication setting to PC Connect and followed the directions. It just sits there... I am just trying to download my pics...
thanks for any help

b

Yoursh

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
MN
First thing, make sure you have the most up to date version of the EOS utility form the Canon website. Make sure to update it all. The version that shipped with my XSi last year was unusable on 10.5 systems. It would crash, disconnect from the camera, and not transfer files. That's if the software started at all. After updating all the EOS apps, they are working fine now. I mainly use tethering myself, while leaving the importing and editing functions to Aperture.

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
Echo the thoughts above about making sure you've got the updated apps. I'd personally remove all the Canon Apps and start again. Not too sure if Eos Utility on it's own is enough, though my Eos apps (with 5D's) had a few problems when leopard first came out

beccataylor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2009
:( can't find the upgrade on Canon

can you please post a link to the eos utility latest version for download?
thanks for the assist

bt

Yoursh

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
MN
The Canon website isn't the most user friendly. Go here which is the 5D product page.(Actually any of the Canon DSLR model pages would do since they all run the same software) Select the 'Drivers and Downloads' tab, and then select OSX from the drop down. You should see a list of the most recent software download links. I would recommend installing the updates to all the Canon software on your system since they tend to work with each other.(For example, after taking a tethered shot with the EOS utility the DPP application will want to show it) The downloads should update the software already on your system the the latest version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.