Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scribble79

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2014
I am not able to swipe left in the default mail app on some accounts to get it to show delete on IOS 14.1.1.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Make sure you start at the right side and swipe all the way over. Big swipes work. Small swipes don't.

scribble79

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2014
I have been looking but have not able to find it. I get the archive but not a delete option like I do on my iphone.

Last edited:

hg.wells

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2013
Who is your email provider? Gmail and a few other email providers will say archive instead of delete.

scribble79

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2014
I have the same gmail and an exchange server for both iPhone and iPad. The phone works like I want and has been for years. I just had the iPad activated to match and when trying to mimic my phone swipes is when I noted the difference.

scribble79

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2014
It appears to only be a google account problem on my iPad. I have my phone setup with same accounts on default Apple mail app. My phone says flag when swi left and that always shows delete.

scribble79

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2014
Thank you all for your help. I kept missing the advanced section. It also was not under passwords but in the mail app under the account.

scribble79

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2014
Well I thought I had it working but it must have just been a few emails that worked correctly. It’s just odd how it functions like I want on the phone but not on the iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.