Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iScholtz

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 11, 2016
I need help.
I have an iPhone (what a wonder) 5s, 32 gb, currently running on iOS 9.3 BP 3. While watching some YouTube videos I noticed that my phone heats up like crazy. Not just that, of course. The battery is getting lower and lower way to fast than it should be. While writting this it lost 3% in low power mode.
What can I do?
I have no jailbreaks and currently no other profiles installed than the iOS beta programm.
I would be thankfull for any suggestions.
(The problem appeard with 9.3 BP 3 I guess). Message my if you would need more info about my phone.

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
Something heavy might be running in the background that's making your phone overheat. Have you tried any steps to fix it yet?

iScholtz

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 11, 2016
Something heavy might be running in the background that's making your phone overheat. Have you tried any steps to fix it yet?
Yes, I at least tried. I deinstalled some apps that might have caused it. Nothing. I think it may just be a random error that came up with ios 9.3 PB 3 but I am not sure. I checked everything on the phone I can work with.

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
What I would first try is a hard reset. Hold down the home and power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. If that doesn't work, try resetting all settings.

If that doesn't work, I would try restoring to factory settings. Since you're on beta, you'd have to back up everything, restore to 9.2.1 and then upgrade to 9.3 beta 3. To do this, you have to restore via DFU mode on iTunes.

iScholtz

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 11, 2016
What I would first try is a hard reset. Hold down the home and power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. If that doesn't work, try resetting all settings.

If that doesn't work, I would try restoring to factory settings. Since you're on beta, you'd have to back up everything, restore to 9.2.1 and then upgrade to 9.3 beta 3. To do this, you have to restore via DFU mode on iTunes.
The only thing I didn't tried yet is to restore to an older iOS. I'm probably trying this today. Thanks.

iScholtz

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 11, 2016
I just reinstalled YouTube to fix the YouTube-overheat problem, but the general battery problem stays. I hope it's getting fixed with the full version of iOS 9.3.

iScholtz

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 11, 2016
Why should I? I can live with these problems as long I know they're getting fixed. And I really don't want to stop using the beta, I like its new features. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.