Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duggram

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 17, 2008
It's an older ATV, but it is on the latest software 12.2. I've followed all the directions to turnoff subtitles in ATV. But there persists two rows of constantly updating text in the upper left corner of the screen. I use SlingTV. I disconnected my ATV and hooked up a Roku I have. SlingTV doesn't have subtitles when using the RoKu. Any suggestions on how I can get the ATV to stop printing subtitles when I'm watching SlingTV?

AL2TEACH

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2007
North Las Vegas, NV.
It's an older ATV, but it is on the latest software 12.2. I've followed all the directions to turnoff subtitles in ATV. But there persists two rows of constantly updating text in the upper left corner of the screen. I use SlingTV. I disconnected my ATV and hooked up a Roku I have. SlingTV doesn't have subtitles when using the RoKu. Any suggestions on how I can get the ATV to stop printing subtitles when I'm watching SlingTV?

if you have not tried this
when watching a program that has subtitles, press the apple tv remote(the black area) on the left side of the screen, you will see two boxes, more info and CC, slide to CC and press on or off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.