Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puck8609

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2017
Cleveland, Ohio
Hello!

For whatever reason, I cannot update past the 10.12.1 beta. I've been putting it off for a while and finally decided to fix the problem, and nothing seems to work. And it's driving me crazy!

The App Store hasn't detected any of the MacOS updates since I installed 10.12.1. I'm able to update iTunes and other apps, but not MacOS. I checked via Terminal commands and it found nothing as well. I also tried manually downloading the latest update, but it gave me an error of, "This volume does not meet the requirements for this update."

I decided to leave the beta program, and still no luck after going through each of the steps above. As a last resort, I deleted several preference files related to the App Store and it still doesn't find anything.

Has anyone experienced similar issues or have any recommendations? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
Are you sure you actually downloaded the mentioned combo update and not a standalone update?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.