Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jek106

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
My wife got a Nikon d60 for her birthday, and we can't seem to upload about half of the photos. We updated the software, but it still doesn't seem to work. Any thoughts? thanks

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
My wife got a Nikon d60 for her birthday, and we can't seem to upload about half of the photos. We updated the software, but it still doesn't seem to work. Any thoughts? thanks

I think you will have to describe what you are doing in some detail.

Are you plugging in the camera to the computer's USB port or are you puting the memory card into a card reader? If using a UBS connection is the camera set to pict bridge mode or USB mass storage? Lastly what's RAF. I thought the Nikon made either .jpg or .nef files. And what software are you using on the Mac?

mikeyPotg

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2006
Actually, I noticed I can't upload the pics taken in raw format from my D90 to iphoto either. Strange, my D40 never had a problem.

H2Ockey

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2008
Actually, I noticed I can't upload the pics taken in raw format from my D90 to iphoto either. Strange, my D40 never had a problem.

What ChrisA just said, if you don't have NikonView or Capture you probably need to set the camera to USB mass storage. Look in the manual, should be in the camera settings in the menu.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate

Probably because the D90 is too new to be supported at an OS level yet. You can see the current support list here. Whilst that list is part of the Aperture specs it's the same as the OS/iPhoto/Preview list as they all use the same RAW library.

jaisonn

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2008
Hi all, when I try to connect the usb cable into my Mac, nothing happens.
My D60 does not have the option to set Mass Storage.. its just PTP or somthing like that...

When I plug in Windows, it creates some sort of external disc, but I can't upload photos from my PC into it.

There's any software to connect the Camera to Mac without using a card reader?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.