Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nick Bedsole

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
Alabama
So I saw the other day that you can FINALLY use Spotify with Siri as long as you had the most recent beta, and I knew I did. I tried it and it didn’t work. So I looked and my Spotify needed updating, updated, still wouldn’t work. I updated to iOS 13.1.2 (I think?) today and I tried again, it still isn’t working. I really want to try it out because I love using Spotify when I drive and it would be amazing to finally be able to tell Siri to play a song or playlist through Spotify. Can anyone please help me figure out what may be wrong? I’m using an iPhone X with Spotify family premium.

mr_phillip

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2016
Scotland
This feature is something that Spotify is still beta testing. The update hasn't been released to the App Store yet.

Nick Bedsole

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2017
Alabama
As said above, you need the TestFlight beta version. Here's Spotify's article on it. I've been using the beta version and it's still buggy with Siri, so you may be disappointed.
I've never heard of TestFlight before, so I don't have their beta. MacRumor's arcticle made it sound like it was something automatically done with the iOS betas. If it's still pretty buggy I may just wait, but I'll look into it anyway. Thanks for your help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.