Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bocheememon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
Fertile, MN
Just thought I'd let any Capture NX users here know that the program is now available as a universal application. Existing users can upgrade their version for free.

Here is the link.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
Agh, agh agh!
I want Pentax browser and lab to be full quality, cocoa, universal apps, but they're not, so I'm getting Lightroom.

EDIT: yay, 68010!

Binford

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2007
Boston, MA
Speed

From rumors I've heard, I hear it runs ALOT faster now... can anybody verify? (esp if you're on an intel processor).

Also, how would you compare the software to aperture or lightroom? Do you find that you still need to occasionally run cs2 for some more defined editing?

Silentwave

macrumors 68000
May 26, 2006
It is far far far faster.

Photoshop is still a valuable tool, as capture NX does not seek to replace it entirely.

Batch processing is, unfortunately, still a dog sometimes.

Binford

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2007
Boston, MA
It is far far far faster.

Photoshop is still a valuable tool, as capture NX does not seek to replace it entirely.

Batch processing is, unfortunately, still a dog sometimes.

Thanks for the response. How do ou think NX compares with Aperture? I'm new to Macs, so I haven't had a chance to try (or take a look at) Aperture. Any particular advantages/disadvantages it has?

Silentwave

macrumors 68000
May 26, 2006
Totally and completely different.

Aperture is an organizer/image manager with raw adjustments and minor other capabilities, plugins for export, and all sorts of cool stuff.

Capture NX is a heavy duty image editor with many powerful complex tools. Not quite a Photoshop but you get the idea.

Aperture and NX are both integral parts of my workflow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.