Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lionsy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2010
I have a Pioneer head unit, which was pre-installed in my car, but i'm reasonably sure it's just a bog standard Pioneer AVIC-F970DAB with a custom boot up logo.(Which I think is sold under a different name in the US and other places!)

Since upgrading to iOS10, car play has to be in focus/control at all times, if I press the home button or want to use any of the other functions of the unit (Like its sat nav or other car functions like trip computer, etc) it says NOPE! and momentarily pauses the music and jumps back to car play!

Is there anything on the phone I can disable to stop this happening? I like car play over the built in player, but you know, I'd quite like to use the sat nav in my car without unplugging the phone or being forced to use bluetooth, which means I can't charge my phone!.

This has only happened since upgrading to iOS10

Cheers for any help, but i have a feeling I'm going to just h ave to disable car play ;(

SlasherKG

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
Had a similar issue on my 2016 Civic where CarPlay would randomly take focus and cut off any other audio (switch from FM to CarPlay for example).
I found doing a "Reset All Settings" has fixed it.

It's a bit of a pain to go back through and set all the settings again once done, but seems to have cleared whatever the issue was.

lionsy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 3, 2010
Had a similar issue on my 2016 Civic where CarPlay would randomly take focus and cut off any other audio (switch from FM to CarPlay for example).
I found doing a "Reset All Settings" has fixed it.

It's a bit of a pain to go back through and set all the settings again once done, but seems to have cleared whatever the issue was.

Alright I'll give that a go, thanks!

And thanks for moving this to the car play forum, we've been begging for one for so long and been told no so many times I didn't even look for one!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.