Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

consumedsoul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 14, 2008
Any suggestions for a CF + SD card reader for my Mac Pro? Bus-powered preferred...

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Any suggestions for a CF + SD card reader for my Mac Pro? Bus-powered preferred...

All USB card readers are about the same. Performance depands on the card not the reader. If you want the best you can buy Firewire card readers. These are faster and more expensive (close to $90) and usually accept just one type of memory card but can shave some seconds off a big download

ZBoT

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2007
Has anyone tried ExpressCard/34 readers like these? Any thoughts?
I had a Belkin one that worked fine in my MacBook Pro except that it wouldn't read any SD cards over 1GB nor would it read SDHC. I replaced it with a SanDisk model and it now reads my 2GB SD cards. It says it will read SDHC but I haven't tried that. Just make sure you look that the model your buying will read the cards you have.

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
All USB card readers are about the same. Performance depands on the card not the reader. If you want the best you can buy Firewire card readers. These are faster and more expensive (close to $90) and usually accept just one type of memory card but can shave some seconds off a big download
Absolutely! :)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I love my Lexar FW400 card reader. I bought it off a guy here. Still not FW800, but faster than my USB 2.0--clearly. At 13mb+ per file it made transfers to an external drive slow as ****.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.