Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LinkRS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2014
Texas, USA
Hello Everyone,

I am posting here, hoping that some of y'all have some ideas that could help. Ever since the last iOS 17 update, notifications while my iPhone 15 Pro Max is connected to CarPlay are sporadically being suppressed. It is like I have driving focus on, to block everything. I have already filled a support ticket with Apple, and have spent almost 3 hours with them troubleshooting this issue. I have even wiped my iPhone, to see if that would resolve it. Apply support is convinced that is my car (which is a 2023 Mustang Mach-E GT) that is causing the issue. Funnily enough, a couple of times rebooting the Sync system in my car did allow for notifications to resume. But this never lasts long. I am connecting via Wireless CarPlay, but all of the settings have been checked by Apple (remote connection to my phone) and myself, multiple times. My phone is not on silent, and in fact when I go to the iMessages app explicitly in the CarPlay interface, I can have Siri read the messages to me, and respond via voice without issue. It is just no longer announcing them, at arrival. Anyone experience this, or have any ideas on a potential solution? Thanks!

Rich S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.