Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IphoneFinally

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2020
So I have a 2019 Honda Civic with wired Carplay. As of last Saturday, in the middle of the day, my Carplay stopped working/connecting. I used it in the morning, came home synced one song via iTunes, then went back to my car and it hasn't worked since. Tried multiple cables, and restarted my iPhone 12, and car multiple times. As a last resort, I let the phone "forget" carplay profiles on my iPhone to start from scratch. It won't connect/activate. My phone is up-to date on IOS 15.5 and has been since that update came out. Also, I tested my 5-year-old Android phone on Android Auto and that works so I know it's not the USB port, or the head unit. Also, the port charges the iPhone just won't connect to Carplay. What else synced with the song? Unfortunately, I am solo so I can't borrow anyone else's iPhone to rule out something with my phone specifically. My work iPhone 13 is on order and who knows when that comes in.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
So I have a 2019 Honda Civic with wired Carplay. As of last Saturday, in the middle of the day, my Carplay stopped working/connecting. I used it in the morning, came home synced one song via iTunes, then went back to my car and it hasn't worked since. Tried multiple cables, and restarted my iPhone 12, and car multiple times. As a last resort, I let the phone "forget" carplay profiles on my iPhone to start from scratch. It won't connect/activate. My phone is up-to date on IOS 15.5 and has been since that update came out. Also, I tested my 5-year-old Android phone on Android Auto and that works so I know it's not the USB port, or the head unit. Also, the port charges the iPhone just won't connect to Carplay. What else synced with the song? Unfortunately, I am solo so I can't borrow anyone else's iPhone to rule out something with my phone specifically. My work iPhone 13 is on order and who knows when that comes in.

Are you on iOS 15 or running the iOS 16 beta?

EDIT: Oops. I see you say you are on 15.5.

Try resetting network settings on your phone. You’ll have to re-enter your WiFi passwords but it may clear this issue for you.

IphoneFinally

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2020
Are you on iOS 15 or running the iOS 16 beta?

EDIT: Oops. I see you say you are on 15.5.

Try resetting network settings on your phone. You’ll have to re-enter your WiFi passwords but it may clear this issue for you.
Luckily. I did not have to reset network settings. After forgetting the CarPlay’s device a day later I started the car and then oddly while on Bluetooth, my iPhone asked me if I wanted to connect to CarPlay. THEN I plugged it in and it worked again. Very odd.

Reactions: gwhizkids

AZhappyjack

macrumors G4
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
On my Ford Escape from several years ago, I experienced this from time to time (Ford SYNC). One thing that helped was to reboot the head unit (simultaneously hold the power button and the 'fast forward' button (>>|)). Eventually the issue was resolved with a dealer-only firmware update (when I tried, it kept reporting it was up to date, but the dealer had access to a later version).

My point to all of this is the find out what the key combination for rebooting the head unit is for your car/head unit... and use it as necessary. FWIW, just like your phone, powering the head unit off and back on is not the same as rebooting - there's some sort of time factor involved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.