Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rosawithamacbook

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2020
Hi all,

This is my first post here so I hope this is the right way to ask my question.
Recently I bought the new Macbook Air 2020 with M1 chip (november release). I've been looking for a good, nice case that's below 25 euros.
I have ordered 3 cases from different websites that said it was compatible with my laptop, but I had to send them all back because of the same issues. The bottom part won't clip onto my laptop properly. When I do get all the pieces clipped, my laptop screen won't move back further than 90 degrees. Then within seconds it pops right back off again, it doesn't really seem to fit the bottom of the mac correctly at all.

I've had this problem with all 3 cases that I tried and now I don't know where to look anymore.
So my question to you, who else has the same laptop and is able to help me find a case that properly fits? If nothing comes up I'll buy the one from the Apple website that's 50 euros, but I'd prefer a different (and cheaper) case.

Last thing; I'm from the Netherlands so can only buy the cases on the dutch-Amazon or other websites that are available here.

I hope there is somone out here who can help me! Thanks!

Rosawithamacbook

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2020
I am sure that a reputable supplier like Incase would be available in the Netherlands - I always use their cases and have never had any problems with fit, etc.

Hi! Thanks for the help. The case from Incase is the one I'm talking about in my original post that's 50 euros. (That sells on the Apple website) I will buy that one if nothing else pops up on this forum :)

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Upstate NY . Was FL.
What do you mean? Mine doesn’t affect the screen travel.
My bad I was looking at this one. Image attached is probably the reason the screen can’t travel as far.

Attachments

• 51B1E9C0-1EF7-4EB7-AEDC-B4D0BA96D006.png
    51B1E9C0-1EF7-4EB7-AEDC-B4D0BA96D006.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 136
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.