Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
On The Nickel, over there....
Hi,
I'm new to Apple, just got my iMac last week, and think it's time to get a digital P&S camera. The Casio Exilim Zoom EX-Z1200 caught my eye for two reasons. It's ranked fairly high at Consumer Reports and it has native H.264 compression in its movie mode. Does anyone have anything to comment about this camera? If I bought a camera that didn't have H.264, would I need to use an intermediary device to import movies to the iMac? I am very new to this, so thanks for any advice/knowledge/info.
Morod

Morod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
Okay, not many Casio users out there, it appears. Any recommendations for any Point & Shoot digital camera that works well with an Apple iMac and its software? Thanks,
Morod

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
I had that camera for 2 days returned it for a Canon SD850 IS

In my opinion the Canon's are better in over quality.

Almost any P&S type camera will work with your iMac. Maybe not if you get one of those super cheap no name type.

Morod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
Okay, it looks like it's off to the camera store tomorrow to look around. There are some Ritz Camera shops in the area and people have good things to say about them.
As for the camera, now I'm looking at the Canon Power Shot SD 750. It seems to shoot better than most low-light areas, which means a lot of the indoor events. I knew Canon was good in film, wasn't sure about their digital reputation, but they get good reviews on the web.
Anyway, time to talk to some people and actually feel some cameras. Thanks to all!
Morod

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.