Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alexaaandraaaa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2020
So my cats knocked over my closed laptop.
It’s worked just fine afterwards. No crack on the screen. However it’s gone completely black. It powers on and the apple on the back still lights up. The screen will display randomly and work like normal but quickly go black again.
Is there hope for my laptop?It’s a 2015 Mac Pro.
If there’s no hope who wants to buy some cats for $1200 ?? jkjk Still love them.
Thanks in advance.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Sounds like your Kitties may have given your MBP a jolt and loosened one of the video cables or connectors. If you're handy with opening your MBP, you may be able to reseat whatever cable or connector that came loose.

You can look over the take apart instructions here:

www.ifixit.com

Reactions: Alexaaandraaaa

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
chscag is right in that the display data cable connection should be checked first. At ifixit.com, type in "2015 MacBook Pro" and then select the 13" or 15" depending on which one it is. Click on the "Display Assembly" instructions link which will show you how to remove the back. Scroll down to the step that shows where the display data cable is connected…that's what you'll need to check…perhaps pop it off the connector and re-seat it.

The 2015 MBP is still a very good laptop and worth keeping.

Reactions: Alexaaandraaaa
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.