Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aerodinamic

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 14, 2024
A few days ago my cellular data stopped working on my iPhone 14 plus out of nowhere. It still displays 3 bars and 5G, but every time I make an attempt to open any app it says I'm offline or it doesn't load.
I've tried everything: turning off my phone and then back on, turning airplane mode on for a few minutes, taking out my sim card, resetting the network setting 2 times.
I contacted my phone company and they resetted my cellular data and it's still not working.
However, I inserted my sim card into my old phone (Samsung) and the cellular data is working just fine. I can also receive messeges and phone calls, unlike on my iPhone.
My phone was nowhere near water. I really hope it isn't a hardware issue. Hopefully, with the new iOS update on monday the issues will be solved. I have iOS 17.6.1 installed.
If anyone has any suggestions about what else to do, please let me know. Thanks.

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
A few days ago my cellular data stopped working on my iPhone 14 plus out of nowhere. It still displays 3 bars and 5G, but every time I make an attempt to open any app it says I'm offline or it doesn't load.
I've tried everything: turning off my phone and then back on, turning airplane mode on for a few minutes, taking out my sim card, resetting the network setting 2 times.
I contacted my phone company and they resetted my cellular data and it's still not working.
However, I inserted my sim card into my old phone (Samsung) and the cellular data is working just fine. I can also receive messeges and phone calls, unlike on my iPhone.
My phone was nowhere near water. I really hope it isn't a hardware issue. Hopefully, with the new iOS update on monday the issues will be solved. I have iOS 17.6.1 installed.
If anyone has any suggestions about what else to do, please let me know. Thanks.
Contact Apple for advice?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.