Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

letsgorangers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
TN
anyone know of a usb adapter of sorts that turns a cf card into a jump drive? i could've sworn i saw one (before my camera arrived), but every place i call has no idea what i'm talking about.

and if i just have to break down and get a card reader, anyone know of any good compact ones?

letsgorangers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
TN
that is probably what i'll end up with. but this was a usb port with a place where the card snapped in. all i can figure is that i read the ad wrong and it was for sd cards or something smaller like that.

840quadra

Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
Yeah I know what you are talking about. However I wouldn't recommend those. I have seen people break those and or their USB ports (granted they were PC users ;) ), however the risk remains.

The nice thing about the corded models is, the USB cable is flexible,and you can have either longer or shorter cables to suit your needs.

letsgorangers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
TN
thanks todd, but as aperture noted, they are for the wrong type of card. thanks for taking the time to look them up though!

i think i am going to take 840's suggestion and just get a small card reader.

jsnoah

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2006
Ramsey, NJ

I dont' know... I just have a regular 12 in 1 reader... Seems to go fast. It is a USB 2 and pull pics from my camera real fast. I am sure that it would do thesame for whatever other info you were going to use it with...

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
thanks todd, but as aperture noted, they are for the wrong type of card. thanks for taking the time to look them up though!

i think i am going to take 840's suggestion and just get a small card reader.

WOW! I must have spaced out on that one LOL, Oh well Glad I could be of NO assistance LOL :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.