Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davelees76

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2014
I really love promotion on the new ipad pro.

What do you think the chances are it will be included on the iPhone 8? That would really tempt me to drop the extra cash over the iPhone 7 plus.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Would be nice but it will probably be on the 8s in 2018 and TC will call it "revolutionary".

Cancelled
Jun 28, 2017
It's highly likely. The A11 can easily handle it, and it will likely be handled very efficiently on the Neural Engine chip and this is suggested to be the case from Mark Gurman who is extremely accurate.

Reactions: Shark5150

davelees76

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2014
It's highly likely. The A11 can easily handle it, and it will likely be handled very efficiently on the Neural Engine chip and this is suggested to be the case from Mark Gurman who is extremely accurate.

This is probably one of those things that only the 8 will get, to set it apart from the 7s, right?

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
What are the chances the Neural Engine Chip will be included on the iPhone 8 (I assume lower iPhone models will get it next year just to make the iPhone 8 the true "premium" device). Last I heard, it was still in development with no confirmation on whether it would be added to this year's iPhone.

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
I hope so because it makes the iPad Pro look awesome screen-wise. But they'll probably save it for next year since the big screen upgrade this year is OLED.

Cancelled
Jun 28, 2017
This is probably one of those things that only the 8 will get, to set it apart from the 7s, right?
I don't know, but if we consider the fact that in iOS 11 Apple has changed Safari scrolling to the much faster scrolling that the rest of the device gets, I think Promotion coming to at least the premium iPhone is therefore likely. Safari scrolling quickly with all of the text on typical web pages falls perfectly in line with the smooth text with 120Hz refreshing display.
[doublepost=1503615379][/doublepost]
What are the chances the Neural Engine Chip will be included on the iPhone 8 (I assume lower iPhone models will get it next year just to make the iPhone 8 the true "premium" device). Last I heard, it was still in development with no confirmation on whether it would be added to this year's iPhone.
I think Mark Gurman suggested it might

Reactions: Jetcat3
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.