Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lijoy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2018
I set my ringer volume level at maximum. I want to know if there is a way to set the level automatically when you connect a pair of headphones (like AirPods Pro or Beats Solo 3). When I connect my headphones, the media level adjusts to the last preset value but the ringer level remains the same. So when I get a notification, it is very loud. If I set the ringer level after connecting the headphones, it remains the same after disconnecting and I can’t hear the notifications.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I set my ringer volume level at maximum. I want to know if there is a way to set the level automatically when you connect a pair of headphones (like AirPods Pro or Beats Solo 3). When I connect my headphones, the media level adjusts to the last preset value but the ringer level remains the same. So when I get a notification, it is very loud. If I set the ringer level after connecting the headphones, it remains the same after disconnecting and I can’t hear the notifications.
Just went into the Shortcuts app and played around quickly but didn’t test. You can create an automation to set the system volume when you connect to your AirPods. Not sure if ringer volume is part of system volume though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.