Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
England
I'm getting the new MBP next weekend, and I have a Lightroom Libary, which has being edited compared to the originals. Does Lightroom ' Update ' the Original files in my ' RAW folder vault', or are they still just the same files, only changed in Lightroom ?

What is the best way to bring my Photo's over to a Mac, should I export the entire Lightroom Libary, or should I just copy the original files ( if they have being changed in Lightroom ?)

Thank you

NStocks

Slovak

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2008
I will be in the same position in just a few days. Would like to know if it's just a matter of pointing LR to a new directory structure, or if something more involved needs to be performed to preserve all my edits from PC.

ajpl

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
Just move everything across to your new machine. Files and catalogue.
Then make LR 'Locate' your top folder [change folder location/right click]for each hard drive as it will probably be confused at this point, unless you keep your catalogue in same folder with Images, when it may be OK, can't remember off hand. I prefer to do that as Catalogues separate from the Images can be a reet pain when moving stuff around.
Then synchronize [right click]your top folder to make sure LR has everything inside that folder up to date. And that should be it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.