Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
I have a late-2013 rMBP 13" 2.4ghz i5 8gb RAM and 256gb SSD running Mavericks (not sure which version, but it was up to date a month or two ago at least). I left it plugged in overnight with the MagSafe2 that it came with. This morning I unplugged it, put it in the sleeve I have, and put it in my backpack to take it to school. I went to use it over my lunch break, and it won't wake up and the power button doesn't seem to get a response out of it. It also feels slightly warm to the touch, but not hot. Normally it's cool.

Any advice?! It's still in the one year warranty as well as AppleCare. It's been fine up to this point. The outlet it was plugged into is fairly new.

Last edited:

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
I have a late-2013 rMBP 13" 2.4ghz i5 8gb RAM and 256gb SSD running Mavericks (not sure which version, but it was up to date a month or two ago at least). I left it plugged in overnight with the MagSafe2 that it came with. This morning I unplugged it, put it in the sleeve I have, and put it in my backpack to take it to school. I went to use it over my lunch break, and it won't wake up and the power button doesn't seem to get a response out of it. It also feels slightly warm to the touch, but not hot. Normally it's cool.

Any advice?! It's still in the one year warranty as well as AppleCare. It's been fine up to this point. The outlet it was plugged into is fairly new.

It probably just crashed overnight, or didn't sleep this morning and has run out of power.

Plug it in, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, and try to turn it on. If it doesn't come back on, take it to an Apple store.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
It probably just crashed overnight, or didn't sleep this morning and has run out of power.

Plug it in, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, and try to turn it on. If it doesn't come back on, take it to an Apple store.

Thank you! Weird thing is that it wasn't completely dead. It turned on and said 91% battery left. I can't figure out the error messages in Console. I seems like it somehow didn't sleep when I closed the lid last night or it somehow woke itself up and then didn't like being unplugged and moved. It's just weird. I expected weird things from my 09 MBP, but the 13 rMBP just seemed so perfect. It seems fine now, but I'll take it to the Apple Store if it acts up again.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Thank you! Weird thing is that it wasn't completely dead. It turned on and said 91% battery left. I can't figure out the error messages in Console. I seems like it somehow didn't sleep when I closed the lid last night or it somehow woke itself up and then didn't like being unplugged and moved. It's just weird. I expected weird things from my 09 MBP, but the 13 rMBP just seemed so perfect. It seems fine now, but I'll take it to the Apple Store if it acts up again.

Feel free to post thr console logs :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.