Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zillan

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
Belgium
Hello

Im looking for a new charger to charge my new 15inch macbook pro with touchbar.
According to Apple's website this will cost me 115EUR just for a second charger.

Does anybody have experience and recommend an alternative or should i just spend that amount on money on the one from Apple?

Thanks!

bartvk

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2016
The Netherlands
So if you don't charge devices off your macbook, then a 45 watt charger is enough. From the above list of chargers, I've ordered the iVoler and the Anker chargers and use both on a daily basis. Both work fine.

I've also have an Innergie charger. It's 45 watts and very small. It would be very convenient however, this is the second one that makes the laptop repeatedly chime, as if the charger is connected and disconnected repeatedly. I'm mailing with their support about it. Innergie mailed me a new version of their charger, works better now.

Another option is the HP 45 watt USB-C charger:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EOE6LE6/

It's a nice charger with a captive cable. I see you're from Belgium (Hoi ik kom uit Nederland). So get one from the German Amazon, it has a killer deal right now. For some reason, it's not even half of the American price:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01EOE6LE6?tag=usbctoday-20

Last edited:

juicejuice

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014
Gold Coast
I had the same problem with the Innergie charger, it's a really neat device but makes the TB MBP 15" repeatedly chime. I had to return it to Amazon.

Chrolm

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2016
SoCal
Seems less than 87w can do it. I have a maxed out 15" (2016). I tried connecting it to my wife's 61w (13") charger, and played warcraft for about an hour. It stayed at 100% charge throughout.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.