Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JaydenWalter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2017
I just bought my first device with wireless charging capabilities (AW4 & iPhone XS Max). I charge my phone at work, my home office, my bed side table and lounge room. I am a stickler for high-quality products but as this is my first wireless charging product and still relatively new technology, I don't know whether I want to splurge on a expensive Qi charger (at least until I realise the full benefits of them).

Has anybody got experience with cheap 5W chargers ~$15-$20? I figure I don't need 7.5-10W charging if I have multiple charging pads everywhere. I just worry about potential damage to my battery.

Any advice is appreciated :)

Chevyguy2021

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2017
I will never wireless charge again.
I believe it is what caused my x to fail.
OEM apple charging is the only route i will use going forward.

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
You spent $2000 on some new Apple kit and are going to risk damage by cheaping out on wireless chargers? ‍♂️

I have a nightstand lamp that has a wireless charger built in, two desk lamps with wireless chargers built in (home and the office), a Mophie and a Samsung.

Get quality accessories. You'll never regret that; you'll only regret getting cheap ones.

JaydenWalter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2017
Thanks everyone, it's just new tech for me so it's hard to justify the $$$ - especially when it's not a necessity.

I'll look into those half price options 1080p.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.