Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abraxsis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2003
Kentucky
Anyone know where they don't require a Black Card with a million dollar limit to buy them? The one that came with my Cypersyncs broke tonight, and I thought I had another one but I can't locate it.

Ruahrc

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
I dunno if they would have it but maybe monoprice.com? They have great prices but this seems like a specialty cable

if you're handy with a solder, you could probably roll your own for less money if you bought the needed parts.

Abraxsis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2003
Kentucky
Monoprice was the first place I checked, lol. No dice.

Luckily, I remembered I had two PC to 1/4" connectors that came with my monolights. Ill probably never use those so I just hacked off the end and spliced it onto the original cable. I probably could have fixed it but I was a little frazzled with homework so I just hacked/slashed my way to a fixed one. A positive is that the plug from the monolight cable is MUCH heavier than the one that came with the Cybersyncs.

I also found out that Paul C Buff has the lowest prices on these cables @ 5.95 each. Still a bit high IMO for a cable, but better than the 10+ that BH wants.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.