Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Im thinking to buy a small USB-c for my MacBook. What would be the best and cheapest one can buy?

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Buy cheap shyt, get cheap shyt.

Step#1: Figure out what you need to connect/do and provide it to the MR folks
Step#2: With *that* info folks can suggest decent options that match those needs.
Step#3: Thank the people who volunteer their time and knowledge to help you, for free, with no reward but your thank you.

Reactions: zoran

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Thanks for the helpfull comments deeddawg.
I surely need the following ports... USB3, USBC and HDMI and in brackets, are some optional ports needed (LAN, SD) :)

Ploki

macrumors 601
Jan 21, 2008
Not all cheap are crap.
I bought a satechi with things you listed, but i know my mother has a clone of it for half the price (can't remember which brand) that works exactly the same.

Admiral

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2015
Not all cheap are crap.
I bought a satechi with things you listed, but i know my mother has a clone of it for half the price (can't remember which brand) that works exactly the same.

That would be good information to have. Give your Mom a call for Christmas!

As a recommendation for a cheap (and good!) USB hub, I will weigh in on my satisfaction with the HooToo USB hubs I bought from Amazon.com.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ploki

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Not all cheap are crap.
Please i would appreciate it if you place links on the "satechi" hubs and the brand that your mom uses! :)

Ploki

macrumors 601
Jan 21, 2008
Reactions: zoran

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
That would be good information to have. Give your Mom a call for Christmas!

As a recommendation for a cheap (and good!) USB hub, I will weigh in on my satisfaction with the HooToo USB hubs I bought from Amazon.com.
Interested in seeing your links as well :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.