Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which leather case would look/patina best for Pacific Blue?

• Total voters

mrouke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2020
So today Apple released their newest leather cases and they all look beautiful! I’ve ordered the Pacific Blue 12 Pro and I’m curious which leather case y’all think would look best with it - Baltic Blue (matches phone), California Poppy (contrast and I like orange), or Saddle Brown (a classic).

I have no idea how the blue and poppy cases would age but I love the wear/patina of the saddle brown from older 11 cases I’ve seen.
Any thoughts?

Edit: Any pics, especially of older cases similar to blue or poppy, are appreciated!

decypher44

macrumors 68000
Feb 24, 2007
Orange County, CA
Saddle brown. But if you’re going to include MagSafe charging, I’d say none of the above. A perfect circle imprint would ruin the case in my opinion.

But if no MagSafe use, definitely the saddle brown. They look gorgeous after about a year.

I love the new color of CA Poppy, but I think over time it would look like year old urine. Maybe they treat the leather differently for that one, though.

mattdo93

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2010
Saddle Brown for sure to go with my pacific blue iPhone 12 Pro. Brown and blue go very well together in most cases and is much more versatile.

taoisawesome

Suspended
Jun 10, 2019
So today Apple released their newest leather cases and they all look beautiful! I’ve ordered the Pacific Blue 12 Pro and I’m curious which leather case y’all think would look best with it - Baltic Blue (matches phone), California Poppy (contrast and I like orange), or Saddle Brown (a classic).

I have no idea how the blue and poppy cases would age but I love the wear/patina of the saddle brown from older 11 cases I’ve seen.
Any thoughts?

Edit: Any pics, especially of older cases similar to blue or poppy, are appreciated!
Well, I prefer some flip-style tho.

its93rc

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Texas
I picked the Baltic Blue. I've had the Midnight Blue and I've always loved it because it ends up aging Black. I picked one up for my 12 Pro Max because they finally covered the bottom speakers, which I've been wanting.

oneteam

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2008
Cincinnati, USA
I just picked up the California Poppy case from my local apple store. They don’t have them in display yet so I couldn’t see it before buying it. It’s way lighter than the saddle brown but I think is gonna age very well.

Reactions: mrouke and ocva

fezzzer

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2013
I’ve always gone saddle brown but this year I went for CA poppy. I’ve gone for white/silver for the phone itself. I’m looking forward to seeing how the patina develops.

fezzzer

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2013
Here’s my leather Poppy case after just one day’s use...

(I was expecting this, so I’m not disappointed, but I do think a lot of people won‘t like the ageing of this colour)

EDIT: After a quick clean the black marks around the edging do come off.
C537BC9F-387D-4295-8112-25B4EA562812.jpeg

Last edited:

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Picked up a Pacific Blue Pro Max last Friday and have a Baltic Blue leather coming for it this week. I debated on Saddle and may end up with one at some point. Blue is my color though.

Reactions: jusacruiser

jusacruiser

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2009
Palm Beach, Florida
Picked up a Pacific Blue Pro Max last Friday and have a Baltic Blue leather coming for it this week. I debated on Saddle and may end up with one at some point. Blue is my color though.
That's so funny. I had decided on the Pacific Blue....but no matter how much I wanted the Saddle Brown Case, the Brown just did not look right with the Blue iPhone. I am going to go with the Baltic Blue leather as well!

Reactions: staggerlee41

jusacruiser

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2009
Palm Beach, Florida
Update......In the end, I ended up going with the Saddle Brown Case and Love it! The Patina, that people talk about is much better than I even imagined! If you are undecided on iPhone Case Color, then get Saddle Brown.

sammjordan

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2009
Here’s my leather Poppy case after just one day’s use...

(I was expecting this, so I’m not disappointed, but I do think a lot of people won‘t like the ageing of this colour)

EDIT: After a quick clean the black marks around the edging do come off.
View attachment 1670635
What did you use to clean your Poppy leather case?

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
Update......In the end, I ended up going with the Saddle Brown Case and Love it! The Patina, that people talk about is much better than I even imagined! If you are undecided on iPhone Case Color, then get Saddle Brown.

Do you have any pics of new and current with patina. Many people are thinking there won’t be much or it will just be black instead of a darker brown and that the black sometimes wipes off.

jusacruiser

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2009
Palm Beach, Florida
Do you have any pics of new and current with patina. Many people are thinking there won’t be much or it will just be black instead of a darker brown and that the black sometimes wipes off.
I'll have to figure out how to have my phone take a picture of itself!! LOL Maybe get in front of a mirror. I am going to wait about a month more, so my saddle brown leather case has a noticeable difference from a brand new case.

maximus96

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
I'll have to figure out how to have my phone take a picture of itself!! LOL Maybe get in front of a mirror. I am going to wait about a month more, so my saddle brown leather case has a noticeable difference from a brand new case.
Just take the case off for a picture

• Haha
Reactions: Fred Zed
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.