Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

truthiness

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
Hi everyone, I just upgraded from a 2012 13" MBP and made the jump to a base model 15" 2017 Kaby Lake with the 2.8/16/256 config. I ran cinebench and was surprised to see only a 24.x fps result from the benchmark.

I am seeing benchmarks on Youtube in the 70+ fps range... is the base config that crippled or is something up with my machine?

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Did you try to benchmark your MBP after a fresh reboot with power cycle? There is a thread in the High Sierra forum here about the dGPUs seriously underperforming on wake from sleep.

truthiness

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
Did you try to benchmark your MBP after a fresh reboot with power cycle? There is a thread in the High Sierra forum here about the dGPUs seriously underperforming on wake from sleep.

That did the trick, thank you!

truthiness

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
What's also interesting is that the battery was only showing 4 or so hours on a full charge and after restart it went back to an expected 11+. Hoping they come out with a fix soon! Thanks again for the tip!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.