Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
I know this may be a really specific question, but I'm pondering getting a Mini for my fiancée, she and I are both artists. She has a Cintiq One (and I have a 16 Pro).

Has anyone tried a Cintiq with any of the new Apple Silicon machines? If so, what's the performance like compared to the Intel machines.

kellytaylor529

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2020
I have been unable to get my Cintiq 24 to work as a second monitor. My typical setup is to run my Cintiq as a 2nd monitor and although I can get it to work without issues as the main monitor...I cannot get it to work as a 2nd. Assuming it's a driver issue because I've been running it that way from my MacBook Pro for a long time.

lisag

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2008
Dallas
I know this may be a really specific question, but I'm pondering getting a Mini for my fiancée, she and I are both artists. She has a Cintiq One (and I have a 16 Pro).

Has anyone tried a Cintiq with any of the new Apple Silicon machines? If so, what's the performance like compared to the Intel machines.
I asked the Wacom PR fella I work with for reviews, and he said M1 support is coming the end of Jan- early Feb. 2021. Shame we have to wait so long.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.