Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

john2006wright

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
UK
Hi guys, i hope you can help with this. I want to clean fingerprints off the LCD screen of my digital camera (Sony DSC W80) but I'd rather not buy the kit. What do you use? I suppose I'd also want to clean my MacBook screen as well. Would I do this in the same way.

Thanks in advance

John

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
For the LCD screen on the digital camera you can seriously use your shirt. Those things are built really tough and on point and shoots they are exceedingly tough.

The MacBook however isn't as sturdy. I would use any average LCD cleaner... I have a big bottle of iKlear that is almost 2 years old. I paid about $30 for the entire kit that included a cloth, the bottle, and some "On-The-Go" packs of the stuff. It has never done me wrong.

Mr.Noisy

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
UK™
Hi guys, i hope you can help with this. I want to clean fingerprints off the LCD screen of my digital camera (Sony DSC W80) but I'd rather not buy the kit. What do you use? I suppose I'd also want to clean my MacBook screen as well. Would I do this in the same way.

Thanks in advance

John

For the camera LCD just a lens cloth will do or your shirt.
For the MacBook screen use 2 lens cloths, one damp (just cold tapwater) BUT only very mildly damp not wet, then wipe across the screen side to side, then right away go over it with the dry lens cloth, cleans and leaves the monitor streak free, that is the best way of doing it chemical free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.