Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KeegM480

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Before you start reading this thinking I mean a Speck Case, no I mean the aluminum casing on the MacBook Pro.

I want to know if it is possible to/where to find a clear bottom for the MacBook Pro

I think it would be cool to show off the bottom of the computer.

Would be nice if you know of one for a reasonable price. Please let me know! I have attached an image of what I mean.

Thanks!

Attachments

• teardown2.jpg
    teardown2.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 2,335
Last edited:

lawhuiyiu

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2006
Your 2009 MBP may get short-circuited easily!! If you can examined the MLB carefully, you will find that there are a number of pins on it. They are used for grounding purpose with the bottom case.

If you tested the bottom case with multimeter, you will find that only some spots on which are earthing and some aren't. So just be-careful.

KeegM480

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
That's a cool idea - I'm sure there are some draw backs but a novel idea.

Thats what I was thinking would be really cool to show off haha :)

Your 2009 MBP may get short-circuited easily!! If you can examined the MLB carefully, you will find that there are a number of pins on it. They are used for grounding purpose with the bottom case.

If you tested the bottom case with multimeter, you will find that only some spots on which are earthing and some aren't. So just be-careful.

So basically just make sure to read product reviews if I do find one?

laurihoefs

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2013
Your 2009 MBP may get short-circuited easily!

I would like to hear the theory behind this claim...

Yes, there are grounding pins on the logic board that touch the base plate. But in no possible way is removing the base plate going to cause anything to short-circuit.

OP: I suspect there are no such products out there, so you'll have to see if someone could make one for you. It should be thicker than the aluminium plate to be rigid enough, and it will get scratched quite easily, but for a while it'll certainly look cool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.