Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uandme72

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
It is expected that the notifications (of all Apps- Mail, Messages, Phone, Whatsapp etc) which have been cleared once from the Notification Centre (by pressing X at the top of Notification Centre, or by pressing 3D Touch on X>"Clear All Notifications") do not reappear subsequently.
However, it is observed that if the phone is restarted or is locked & unlocked after the notifications have been cleared, all the previous notifications reappear on their own in the Notification Centre.
Anyone else?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharkoneau

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014
Yes this bug is driving me crazy. I created a thread here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/old-notifications-keep-reappearing.2057847/

I have reported this bug numerous times over the beta and it appears to get worse with every release. Sometimes the cleared notification (a weeks worth) reappear less than a minute after clearing them all and that is without locking/unlocking the iPad etc. I even cleared the same week worth of notification 3 times within a minute of originally clearing them. It appears to only be an issue with mail notifications for me.

Sharkoneau

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2017
Michigan
It is expected that the notifications (of all Apps- Mail, Messages, Phone, Whatsapp etc) which have been cleared once from the Notification Centre (by pressing X at the top of Notification Centre, or by pressing 3D Touch on X>"Clear All Notifications") do not reappear subsequently.
However, it is observed that if the phone is restarted or is locked & unlocked after the notifications have been cleared, all the previous notifications reappear on their own in the Notification Centre.
Anyone else?
I’m getting this as well, with most types of notifications from both first and third-party apps. I didn’t get around to submitting a report yet, but I’ll do that right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.