Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
I have always noticed that the clock icon on the home screen shows the correct time on previous phones. Mine does not, time is way off. I can click on the icon and when I leave that app, they clock is correct just for a second before it goes back to some unknown time.

Have I missed something here?

On my 8+ with 11.0.1

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
In the settings app do you have the correct time zone set?

Yes the digital time at the top of the home screen is perfect. The clock seems to be stuck at 10:43. It might have been doing this for some time, I just noticed it a week or so ago, before updating.

Like I said I can click on the clock and when I exit the clock app and go back to the home screen the time on the icon clock is correct for about 1 second before it goes back to 10:43o_O

My little clock is broken:(

Home.png

cbreze

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2014
Oregon
Never noticed the icon showed the correct time. Kinda cool but don't see much need for two on screen clocks. Now if there was a way to hide the top clock I'd just use the icon clock.

Nozuka

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2012
Never noticed the icon showed the correct time. Kinda cool but don't see much need for two on screen clocks. Now if there was a way to hide the top clock I'd just use the icon clock.

was actually requested for many years and made it into iOS with version 7 ;)

i think people were bugged by it, because the calendar icon showed the correct day.

Reactions: cbreze

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
was actually requested for many years and made it into iOS with version 7 ;)

i think people were bugged by it, because the calendar icon showed the correct day.
I've had a live clock since iOS 6. :)

Jailbreak for the win here. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.