Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Morien

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
Hey everyone,

My MacBook crashed the other week, and silly me I didn't have any backup. That's fixed moving forward, but I'm trying to get back the workflow I had before.

There was an app that I installed when I got my MacBook in 2020 which was an exact clone of Notepad from Windows. Right down to the app icon. It was just called "Notepad" as well. For the life of me I cannot find it again though. It's as if it has been scrubbed from the internet. For what I used it for, it suit my needs perfectly, and my muscle memory keeps going to open it only to see it isn't there.

Does anyone have any link for this app at all? It's almost like I had a fever dream for the past 3 years (if only), and dreamt up the whole thing!

Closest I can find is this, but the one I used didn't try to pass itself off as a Windows application, and maintained the Mac toolbar.

Thank you

Edit: I think I found it. But it's no longer available :(

Last edited:

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
So, what exactly do you need out of it. TextEdit is already your basic Mac text editor. You can change app icons easily with any downloaded picture. Keyboard shortcuts can be changed in System Preferences. I guess the only thing it's really missing is a word count.

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
Reactions: saudor and ixxx69
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.