Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Saarek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
UK
I have bought a 30" Apple Cinema Display, the year of Manufacture is 2009 so I know it supports HDCP. Primarily I want to use the Monitor with a PowerMac G5, but on occasion it would be useful to be able to use it on a USB-C PC or Mac.

Everyone seems to agree that the Club 3D 1510 is the best adaptor to go with. Online the only version I can find for sale in the UK is the version with HDCP Off.

As my monitor supports HDCP I presume I need to get one of these and then firmware flash it to support DHCP, but is this a step I can skip? I mean can I just use the DHCP Off version on my Mac and not worry about it, has anyone tried?

Saarek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
UK
Not sure if this will be useful to anyone else, but as I'd had no reply I figured I'd just take a punt and hope for the best.

As it happens, no issue. The screen works just fine even though the adapter is HDCP Off and the screen supports HDCP.

I'd hoped that'd be the case. Hopefully helps someone else in the future.

Reactions: yezza

yezza

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2008
Thanks for another success story. I have the same adapter on order (plus a new Mac Mini) for use with my 30” ACD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.