Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonhamil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
Ashford, Kent, UK
Hi all

I have recently got an iPad Pro 12.9 and also bought the mac external keyboard to go with it. I touchtype using the Colemak layout and wanted to set up the Hardware keyboard to this layout. Currently this option does not appear in Settings.

Have done quite a bit of googling and there are some conflicting messages out there. Can anyone assist please? Am happy to jailbreak if necessary.

Many thanks in advance.

Jonathan

jonhamil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
Ashford, Kent, UK
Hi all

I have recently got an iPad Pro 12.9 and also bought the mac external keyboard to go with it. I touchtype using the Colemak layout and wanted to set up the Hardware keyboard to this layout. Currently this option does not appear in Settings.

Have done quite a bit of googling and there are some conflicting messages out there. Can anyone assist please? Am happy to jailbreak if necessary.

Many thanks in advance.

Jonathan

Can anyone offer advice / support please? Am going crazy..

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
I touchtype using the Colemak layout and wanted to set up the Hardware keyboard to this layout. Currently this option does not appear in Settings.

Well Hardware Keyboard layouts are supposed to be there in settings if you have a hardware keyboard connected via Bluetooth. I guess you could try a factory reset in case there is some kind of bug or corruption or something. If that doesn't work, contact Apple Support.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.