Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ninjasrule

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2010
Hi Guys:

Anyone thinking that the next lineup of macbook pros will be in a variety of colors? Macbooks now come in the spectrum of colors and I don't think it would be that much of a stretch of imagination that Apple will do it for MBP too.

I would love to own a space grey mbp. Just don't want to spend a fortune using colorware. it's really expensive and a pain to do. thanks

Reactions: justywusty

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I don't know if Apple will do that for the Macbook Pro, it's more of a work machine for editors and people who really need the power and offering a Macbook Pro in gold, rose gold, silver and space grey might not come across as professional (at least according to some and an article i read about the up coming Macbook Pro line).

joelank

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2012
CEETEE
I'm fine with silver, gold will be even better - but I pray they definitely release one in June, I'll take even a green one.

Reactions: MacInTO

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I'm fine with silver, gold will be even better - but I pray they definitely release one in June, I'll take even a green one.

I think it's on the cards that they will announce them at WWDC in June, I think we will see a lot more than usual at this years WWDC, Apple are holding it at the same building (Bill Graham Civic) where they held the iPhone 6s, iPad Pro (12.9") and Apple TV 4 announcements.

Ninjasrule

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2010
I have been waiting on the skylake refresh for almost 2 years and counting. hoping the long wait pays off. My laptop is almost 5 years old and barely functioning.

MacInTO

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2005
Canada, eh!
Colour seems the way Apple is going at the moment. I probably wouldn't buy anything other than a silver/grey one.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
I don't know if Apple will do that for the Macbook Pro, it's more of a work machine for editors and people who really need the power and offering a Macbook Pro in gold, rose gold, silver and space grey might not come across as professional (at least according to some and an article i read about the up coming Macbook Pro line).

I'd say Space Grey is more professional than silver.

I'd also say that very few people in the creative industry would see gold or rose gold as unprofessional too.

No one really knows but I think it makes sense for Apple to offer the various colours. I hope they do!

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I'd say Space Grey is more professional than silver.

I'd also say that very few people in the creative industry would see gold or rose gold as unprofessional too.

No one really knows but I think it makes sense for Apple to offer the various colours. I hope they do!

it makes sense for them to bring it in line (design wise) with the Macbook, thinner, lighter and a design change. I'm not sure if that is the plan or if they will just update the processors and graphics.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I expect space gray, and rose gold in the next iteration, just given Apple's move to those colors in most of their other product lines.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.