Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr.Noisy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 5, 2007
UK™
I was messing with my systems color profiles last night, I usually calibrate the monitor my spyder, but had a look at Adobe RGB (1998), made some images look slightly washed out but most images looked bang on.
I was just wondering how many people use Adobe RGB (1998) and how happy are you using it, or if your calibrating your monitor are you happy with that ?
Just curious as i can't make my mind up which color profile to use and thought your feedback would be a great help ;)

thanks guys :D

p.s.
Sorry for the naff thread title

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
There's not much point calibrating your monitor with Spyder then disregarding that profile to use Adobe RGB 1998. Do you think the Spyder generated profile is wrong?

Mr.Noisy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 5, 2007
UK™
There's not much point calibrating your monitor with Spyder then disregarding that profile to use Adobe RGB 1998. Do you think the Spyder generated profile is wrong?

Not so much wrong, I was having a bored moment, and after looking at other color profiles, my colors seem a little dark after calibration, or at least thats what i convinced myself after messing about, but a mate said my calibrated profile colors look ok, nice and rich, Tomorrow, i'm gonna re-calibrate & with a pinch of luck that should put my mind at rest :eek:

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
If you want to evaluate your system you have to do a "full circle" check. shoot a color chart then put the cart next to your monitor, do the colors look like the chart? Try printing. Does the print look like the chart? Actually you don't need a real color chart any colored object will do as long as the surface is not glossy, but charts have a good sampling of color and gray scale.

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
Not so much wrong, I was having a bored moment, and after looking at other color profiles, my colors seem a little dark after calibration, or at least thats what i convinced myself after messing about, but a mate said my calibrated profile colors look ok, nice and rich, Tomorrow, i'm gonna re-calibrate & with a pinch of luck that should put my mind at rest :eek:
I've been using Spyder 2 pro for a while now and find it accurate ... :)
Hopefully your's will be as well .... :)

FJ

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.