Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Droo13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca
My father is a graphic designer and recently bought an Epson Stylus Pro 3800 printer. This is currently set up there at home with a MacPro. I am an avid photographer and get the chance to play with both of these for a while before he takes them to work and sets them up. Since first trying it out, i've been having trouble getting the color to sync correctly and i wonder if i'm doing something wrong. I choose color sync in the printer set-up but the resulting photo never seems quite the same as what i see on the monitor. Is this to be expected or can i match them?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! thanks :D

Fearless Leader

macrumors 68020
Mar 21, 2006
Hoosiertown
this is to be expected, its two completely systems for creating an image. Reflective, your printer, where it produces an image by reflecting and absorbing different frequencies (colors) of light.

Your monitor ,transmissive, projects an image by blending three different colors (Red Green Blue) to get the desired color. some monitors are better than others but they will never be the same. Have you tried usb dongles to correct color?

Droo13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca
No I haven't tried any USB calibrator type things. Thanks for all the explanations though, very helpful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.