Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kathryne_B

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
CA
Does anyone know if there is a way to change the preset color dots for labels/tags to different shades, like it was able to be done in the older versions of OS X, where when you wanted to change the shades of label, a wheel would come up, to be able to change the to different shades. Or am I stuck with the colors below? I'm using OS 10.3.11 (El Capitan). Attachment below. Thank you for any insight. -K

dots.png

Anyone??? Please?

Last edited:
Reactions: kennethbatelman

1Feldy

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2016
Does anyone know if there is a way to change the preset color dots for labels/tags to different shades, like it was able to be done in the older versions of OS X, where when you wanted to change the shades of label, a wheel would come up, to be able to change the to different shades. Or am I stuck with the colors below? I'm using OS 10.3.11 (El Capitan). Attachment below. Thank you for any insight. -K

View attachment 615992

Anyone??? Please?
[doublepost=1466293202][/doublepost]Not sure, but PathFinder for Mac app might, as it's highly customizable. I just now downloaded the trial for v.7, as I'm delighted to have the color highlights for full labels like they used to be in former Finder app. PathFinder overlays the colors in using the tags function, so most recently tagged color is what shows / is what's top of the stack.
http://www.cocoatech.com/pathfinder/

Reactions: kennethbatelman

kathryne_B

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2005
CA
[doublepost=1466293202][/doublepost]Not sure, but PathFinder for Mac app might, as it's highly customizable. I just now downloaded the trial for v.7, as I'm delighted to have the color highlights for full labels like they used to be in former Finder app. PathFinder overlays the colors in using the tags function, so most recently tagged color is what shows / is what's top of the stack.
http://www.cocoatech.com/pathfinder/
I'm not sure if I made myself understandable or not. Way back several operating systems ago, you could click on the tag of any file document or folder on your desktop and if you didn't like the color, you could click on it and the color wheel was brought up and you could change the color by using the color wheel. I went to the link you posted and it isn't what I was looking for, but thanx anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.