Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Juen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2017
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else got this problem. my "com.apple.hiservices-xpcservice" at some point stops working. I can't quit and restart the service. It seems to occur randomly after some time passed but stays until I reboot my Mac. Since I don't restart often, this service stays "(not responding)" until I do a system reboot.

Using MacBook Pro 14, M1 Pro

Thanks

Artiste212

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else got this problem. my "com.apple.hiservices-xpcservice" at some point stops working. I can't quit and restart the service. It seems to occur randomly after some time passed but stays until I reboot my Mac. Since I don't restart often, this service stays "(not responding)" until I do a system reboot.

Using MacBook Pro 14, M1 Pro

Thanks
I have the same issue, and was able to see by googling it that many others do, too. This has been a problem for at least several years, so I have no idea why Apple never fixed this. Apparently there is no harm from this condition.

Reactions: 5vrTee

Artiste212

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
The ONE accessibility feature I love using is using Control-Scroll to zoom the screen display. It's quick, easy, and somehow maintains really good resolution at high zoom levels.

Then again, there are many who NEED accessibilty features to use their Macs.

This one framework has been crashing for years, and it really doesn't seem to affect much of anything, so if someone doesn't like to see it crashing, they just shouldn't open up Activity Monitor. They'll probably never know it's crashed again.

Juen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2017
Thank you all for your answers.
I saw this problem since macOS Monterey 12.1 and was "hoping" Apple would fix it in future updates. So far no luck.
I already reported this issue to Apple.

PowerPCFan

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2022
Just posted another thread about this and someone told me to check this thread. I don't use any accessibility features so do I have a virus or something?

PowerPCFan

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2022
And @Juen I just upgraded to Monterey and noticed it, I was still running El Capitan or Sierra in 2022, thought it'd be time to upgrade!

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
Just posted another thread about this and someone told me to check this thread. I don't use any accessibility features so do I have a virus or something?
Some Accessibility features are turned on by default, like “Shake mouse pointer to locate”
Go to System Preferences – Accessibility and disable everything you don’t use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.